Benicio,I can hardly believe that you are one year old today! Time flies by much too quickly watching you grow and change. From the tiny, helpless baby I first saw all bundled up in the NICU isolette to the big boy you are today crawling everywhere and constantly pulling up on my leg, I have loved every single moment of watching you grow. You bring so much to our family with your bright and sunny disposition. Your smiles melt my heart, your giggle makes me giggle too, and your tears always bring me running to your side to try to fix whatever is wrong. Every single, solitary day, I marvel at the miracle that is you.
I heard a song a long time ago when I was a kid, and as I was sitting here at the computer trying to figure out how to sum up my feelings for you, it came back to me:
What a difference you've made in my life!
What a difference you've made in my life!
You're my sunshine day and night.
What a difference you've made in my life.
What a change you have made in my heart!
What a change you have made in my heart!
You've repaired all the broken parts.
What a change you have made in my heart!"
That song is so very true of you. Last year, I was a sad and broken mommy with no baby to love. I expected to wait years before I finally became a mommy again after Ariana died. Then, out of the blue, and when I least expected it, you came along. I am forever thankful to God and to your birthmom Rosa for the miracle that arrived a year ago today-YOU!
I love you, sweet baby boy. You are my heart.
Always,
Mommy



7 comments:
OMG has it been a year??????? WOW WOW WOW! I feel sooo blessed to have known you for over a year and shared in this amazing gift called adoption!
Happy Birthday BEN!
He has grown SO fast. I can't believe he is one already. Enjoy!!
Happy Birthday sweet little man! It has been a joy watching you grow through out the past year via your mommy's blog as well as watching her grow throughout this whole journey.
Happy Happy Birthday Ben!!!
Melinda
Wow, what a wonderful day...such a very happy birthday boy! I'm sure Ben will cherish reading the letter you have written to him today in a few years.
Happy Birthday, Ben! Very sweet post Mommy.
Ahhh, that was a totally awesome post. What a beautiful picture. I can't believe how quickly time flies by and so happy birthday sweet Ben :-)
Post a Comment