Ben is a really, really funny kid. And he talks waaaay more than any 2 year old should talk. Will and I were talking the other day about how we really had to start writing down some of the things he comes up with, so I'm going to write a few of the funnier conversations we've had so far this week here on the blog.
Conversation #1
Me: Benicio Jose, get off the back of the sofa!
Ben: Mama, this not a sofa. This my dragon.
Me: Then get off your dragon. You cannot be up there.
Ben: Why not?
Me: Because you will fall off and get hurt.
Ben: (with a complete look of exasperation) But Mommy, every boy falls off his dragon sometimes.
What do you say to that? I mean, seriously, how can I keep a straight face with that sort of logic.
Conversation #2
Me: Ben, do not pick your brother up by his feet! (as he is holding Nico, wheel barrow race style)
Ben: Why not?
Me: Because you are going to hurt him. He could bump his face on the ground.
Ben: But he likes it, Mommy. Really. (And it is evident that Nico does, indeed, like it as he is laughing hysterically about it)
Me: It still isn't safe. Put your brother down and don't pick him up by his feet again.
This is just a small sample of the hundreds of wacky things Ben says and does in a week. I really do have to get better about writing them down!



3 comments:
Ok, that is hilarious! Love the dragon conversation;0)
that was soooooo hilarious...I really got a great long laugh over the dragon logic.
He is hilarious. I think it's a great idea to keep a journal of the great things he comes up with.
Post a Comment