Today I gave our new son his first bath (a sponge bath, of course, since he's only 9 days old!). I had to stick his head under the sink faucet to wash his hair because he has so much of it. The funny part is that he HATED getting his body sponged down. He screamed the whole time. But, he was fine with me sticking his head under running water. That didn't bother him at all. He just stared up at me with a "what the heck are you doing, crazy lady" look, but he never made a peep. It seems that the water on his head would bother him more than the sponge bath, but it definitely didn't!
Today the housekeeper came to the door to clean our room while we were here. She saw the baby and couldn't stop ooing and ahhing over him. While she was cleaning, her cell phone rang and she answered it and spoke in Spanish. The baby was fascinated. I don't speak a lot of Spanish myself, but I did understand that she told her son (over the phone) that the baby in the room she was working in was very small and cute. The best part is when she asked how old and I told her 9 days. She looked at me and said, "You travel when you had baby only 9 days ago?" So I told her that we were from Indiana and that we were adopting our son. She got all teary eyed and then offered to get me anything I need. She even said she would go to the store to just call her if I needed anything. What a sweetheart!
Tomorrow morning Will arrives to meet our son for the first time (hence the bath mentioned above). I have an adorable little outfit that says, "My Dada is the best" for the baby to wear. I can't wait for them to meet! And, of course, once he sees the baby, we will announce his name officially. We have two choices and Will wants to see him before deciding on which one.
Look for the new name post tomorrow!



4 comments:
Yippee!!!!!
I am so glad that you stood steadfast in your faith and that God was able to show you all His glory through this new little man.
I hope that you have a fantastic FIRST Mother's Day. Prayers from ABC Frye (and John and Shannon)
All I can say is Yippee!!! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear this little babe's name.
Kerri and Ruby
Congratulations a million times over!!!! I am truly so happy for you! Dreams do come true.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! Glad you decided to blog as well! I'm looking forward to hearing what his name will be!
Post a Comment