Monday, May 5, 2008

Squirmy-wormy Baby


This morning I woke up to a big surprise. I felt something wiggling around beside me on the bed. At first, in my half-asleep state, I thought it was my dog, who is infamous for sneaking into bed with us. Then I remembered that I'm a thousand miles away from home and the dog isn't here. So, I move the blankets (only slightly freaking out!). There, right up against me under my blankets, is baby Ben. This scared me far more than thinking it was a mouse or some other animal. I freaked out a bit because I couldn't figure out how he got there. He sleeps in a close and secure co-sleeper on the opposite side of the bed. (See picture above of him in the co-sleeper). I moved him back into the co-sleeper and laid back down with my heart still racing. Low and behold, as I'm laying there watching him, he scoots down the co-sleeper, gets his legs over the mesh side at the bottom, and then rolls right out. Now I know I didn't forget to put him in there before I fell asleep. Squirmy-wormy has figured out how to get out himself! How can this be? The box says it's good for babies up to six months??? Clearly, this little guy is motivated to snuggle with his Mommy. So, needless to say, when he wakes up this morning we are headed over to Target to buy a pack 'n play or bassinet or something to keep him safe. I have a feeling I'm going to have my hands full with this one!

No comments:

March 2009