I can hardly believe that I left the hospital with Ben an entire week ago. That time sure has flown by! Sometimes it still feels like I am living in a dream-and if I am, please don't wake me up!
Ben is just a really content little guy. As long as his tummy is full and he can see or hear his Mommy, he is happy. I can't even believe what a great baby he is. Last night he slept for almost five hours in a row, had a bottle, then went back to sleep for four more hours. (Of course, Thursday night was a bit rough because he thought playtime was from 11 PM to 2 AM!. Even then, though, he wasn't grumpy or fussy, just active and awake.)
I am in awe of how much my sweet baby boy has already changed in such a short time. He is truly a miracle and such a blessing to us. I'm just cherishing every moment-even the stinky diaper ones! Who knew that just staring at a sleeping baby for hours could be so entertaining?
In some ways, I am so looking forward to heading home to our family and friends. In others, it will be bittersweet because then I'll have to share Ben with everyone else. I do know that babies can never have too many people who love them, though. And, if love is the most important thing, then Ben is one lucky baby because I don't anyone whose arrival has been more prayed for and anticipated.



No comments:
Post a Comment