Thursday, July 24, 2008

Three months ago today...

Sweet, precious baby Ben, three months ago today I saw you and held you in my arms for the very first time. For me, it was love at first sight. I remember holding back tears as I stared down at you in that NICU isolette and you stared right back up at me. Even then, you were so curious about what was going on around you. I could barely get past the lump in my throat to ask if it was okay for me to pick you up. I'll never forget the words Joy (from the adoption agency) said to me, "Of course you can. He's your son." Those were words more precious than gold. Holding you for the first time was a miracle and a blessing that I will never forget. Each day I spend with you, every moment, every breath, every heartbeat, is a gift from God that I cherish more and more as the days pass. I cannot imagine my life without you in it. You are our dream come true, darling son of mine.

All my love always,
Mommy

3 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

such special memories!!!

Danny and Brittney said...

He is such an angel sent from heaven for you and your family.
We are curious about a domestic adoption in the future. Would love to learn some info. We are also in Indiana. My email is dbreyher@joink.com

Joanna said...

Oh my gosh, this post just completely made me cry... "Of coure you can, he's your son..." Awww, precious words! I'm just so happy for you that you've got your little man. He's beautiful.

March 2009