Yesterday we were having a playdate with my cousin Shiela and her girls. Ben, one of Shiela's girls, Shiela, and I were all in her baby's room playing and talking. Ben discovered that her daughter has an activity table that is different from his-a little shorter and with different activities-and he immediately pulled up on his knees to look at it. That wasn't shocking because he does that all the time with his table here. But, as I'm reading to my baby cousin, I hear Shiela saying, "Come on, Ben! You're almost there!" So I stopped reading and looked over just in time to see him pull all the way up to standing! This was a big first for him! I'm so proud of all that he is doing, and yet a little sad because my baby is becoming less and less of a baby every day.
Ben had a couple of other firsts while we were at my cousin's as well. I gave him his first french fry, which he took one bite of and then threw down. The other first was courtesy of Shiela's 19 month old! We were sitting in the kitchen talking while her daughter finished her chicken nuggets. Ben was crawling around on the floor. We heard her 19 month old say, "Hear you go," to Ben, so I looked to see what she had given him. He was eating a big old mouthful of chicken nugget! I was a little worried that he would choke, but he chewed it up without any problem at all.



5 comments:
OMG NOOO he's is gettting soo big soo fast!!! where do our babies go...sniff!!
hugs,leslie
Yay, Ben!!!
what a big boy!!! I can't beleive he is standing already
Standing up AND eating a chicken nugget?! What a big day for Ben!! It was great to meet you yesterday! And we're always up for a playdate! Just let me know when and where!!
Melinda
melindambrown@yahoo.com
Oh oh, welcome to the fast food world!!!! fries and nuggets~~~~LOL
Post a Comment