Sunday, January 31, 2010

I have a BIG surprise!

Yes, you are looking at Ben holding a very sweet brand new baby boy! And the surprise is that this adorable baby boy is Ben's new BROTHER! I know-you're shocked! We've been keeping it pretty quiet while we waited for the baby's birthmom to make her final decision because we wanted to respect her right to parent if that is what she decided. But, as of today we are officially adopting this little angel! So, without further ado, I'd like for you to meet the newest member of our family:


Nicolas Sebastian

Born January 29, 2010

9 lbs, 1 oz

20.5 inches

Ben has done remarkably well with him so far. He likes to "help" feed him, diaper him, and read him stories. I know that the honeymoon will shortly be over and Ben may have a hard time adjusting once he realizes Nico is here to stay, but for now we are enjoying our first days together.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

TEARS im soooo happy for you!!! OMG HE Is soooo precious!!! CONGRATS!

Vanessa said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful new son!! What a remarkable surprise!!

Karen said...

Congratulations, Aileen & Will! Nico is so sweet, so precious! I love this picture!

Lund7 said...

Wow!!! Congratulations! What a wonderful gift for your family...a precious beautiful baby boy. I am so happy for you. He's gorgeous...

The Dude said...

Outstanding!

Chanan, Rachael and Hope said...

WOW, he is so cute and sweet! That baby face always gets me. So precious, pure and innocent! Great Pics!

What a surprise. CONGRATS!

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

SOOOOO Happy for you! What a blessing!

veggiemom said...

Holy cow!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! He's adorable! So happy for all of you!!!

Danny and Brittney said...

I my goodness!!!!!!!!!! He is so adorable. How exciting!! Congrats! I am smiling ear to ear.

Kristen Borland said...

WOW!!! Congratulations! That is WONDERFUL news!!! And little Nico is so handsome!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Aileen! Another beautiful boy!!!! He is precious!

hairdresser said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet this precious baby boy!

Julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS -- both of your boys are just beautiful! :)

Joanna said...

OH MY GOODNESS, that is so exciting!!! Nico is soooo precious! Congratulations, Aileen!! I'm dying to meet your new little guy. Let's plan a date soon!

Melinda said...

I've been SO behind on all my blogs and was shocked to see your newest addition!! That'll teach me for not keeping up better :-) Huge congrats on your TWO beautiful boys!! So very happy for you!!

Mama Bear said...

How beautiful. He is just the cutest ever. I am so incredibly happy for you that I am shouting it out to everyone!!! YEAHHHHHHHHOOOOOO, he is just so incredibly precious. How beautiful with 2 sons. congratulations.

Carrie said...

I check in on your blog every so often and am so excited to hear your news! Congrats! We have a daughter born in Guatemala and just brought our son home from Ethiopia in Sept. Adoption is such an amazing blessing!
Carrie
www.hiswillandgrace.blogspot.com

Pineapple Princess said...

Oh, my gosh! Congrats! Congrats! I just read your BIG news! Oh, I am so HAPPY for you!! Blessings to you guys! Nico is gorgeous!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations Aileen!!! I am finally catching up in blog world and just found out about your new baby boy! So excited for your family! Nico is gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family. Are you able to share what adoption agency you worked with?

Aileen said...

We adopted through Angel Adoptions in Houston, Texas.

March 2009