Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Haircut

Okay, so I caved.  It wasn't because others thought I should.  It wasn't because everyone thought he was a girl.  It was because it had become virtually impossible to keep it tangle free and clean.  The ends were tying themselves in knots that were difficult to get out on a squirmy baby who doesn't sit still.  And don't even get me started on the amount of food and such that ended up in his hair.  So, I decided to take the plunge and get it cut.  What do you think?

Before

During

Can you see how upset he was about getting his hair cut?

After
Who knew all of those curls were hiding under there?  (Well, I sort of did since it was like this when he was a newborn, but I thought it was just baby curls!)  Unfortunately as it dries it gets less curly and more poofy, so we are working on that now.  It was far less traumatic for me than I expected.  I cried like a baby when Ben got his first haircut because he suddenly looked like a little boy instead of a baby.  Nico actually looks younger to me, so less trauma for this momma!

4 comments:

Lund7 said...

Love the curls...he's beautiful! I personally like little boys with short hair but I have to say he is so adorable with it longer!!

Danny and Brittney said...

Oh my goodness, I love the curls. He is a doll. Kinsey and Nico may have to share the same hair product:)

Chanan, Rachael and Hope said...

way too cute...just one more thing to make him that much more adorable!! All the best...miss you guys!!!

Jennifer Gona said...

He looks good! Glad it wasn't too traumatic for you.

March 2009