Thursday, December 11, 2008

Remembering

As most of you know, the adoption community was dealt a great loss last week when the Azhderian family lost their sweet, beautiful daughter, Josi, to a violent home invasion. (You can read their story, and donate to help offset the financial burden of their adoption at www.azhderianfamily.blogspot.com). I know how horrible it is to lose a child, but I cannot imagine how her family must be feeling in light of what happened to sweet Josi. Please lift them, and her family in Guatemala, up in prayer.

After hearing Josi's story, I cannot help but remember those dark and lonely days right after our sweet Ariana died. I can only imagine that the Azhderians are feeling even worse right now. My prayer for them is that they are able someday very soon to see through the darkness and pain and find those quiet whispers that will give them hope and peace. I know that the "what-ifs" and the "should have's" are plentiful-I remember a million if onlys-if only I had stayed a few more days, if only we had called a doctor about her runny nose, if only, if only, if only. I nearly drove myself crazy with those. I pray that Josi's family will somehow work their way through all of those and find peace. Please pray for the peace that passes all understanding to rest upon them.

I ask also at this time of year that you remember Ariana's foster family, her birthmom, and us in your prayers as we draw near to the anniversary of when we met her and of her death. Memories are bittersweet and come often at unexpected moments. Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family!!!

hugs,Leslie

Mama Bear said...

Aileen, I know there are no words to say to ease the hurt but please know we are are thinking of you and are keeping your family in our prayers.
Blessings, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Know that you and the whole family are thought of often and hope those very sweet memories you had with Ariana will bring you joy...and that God's peace and love will surround you.

March 2009