Saturday, December 27, 2008

One year ago....

Ariana Maria Nohemi
September 26, 2007 to January 7, 2008

One year ago today was the day we first met our daughter in the lobby of the Grand Tikal in Guatemala City. It was one of the happiest days of my life. Today, I remember her with love, laughter, and tears. I love you, sweet Ariana, and Mommy will never, ever forget you. Someday when we all meet again in Heaven, I can't wait to introduce you to your baby brother, Ben.

9 comments:

Carla said...

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts. These are very dark days, but I know that God has something wonderful in store for us, just as He had for you. I am hanging on to that hope. Tomorrow will be one year since we met our sweet daughter. Oh how I wish I would have known that she only had one year left. It hurts terribly; but I know that she hurts no more.

Carla said...

I just realized that we were at the Grand Tikal at the same time you were. Do you remember seeing us or Josi? Gosh, I wish we could have met.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I have been in your shoes, I know it is hard. You are so right that God has a plan.

Anonymous said...

I just saw your post and I did not remember that this was the exact day a year ago when you and Will met Ariana. She will always be close in thought and forever in your hearts.

Anonymous said...

I remember that day like it was yesterday day..I met you on Myspace and remember your babies sweet face because you posted a pic that reminded me of my Abby on our visit trip!! The girls looked soo much alike!
I cant wait to meet her one day!!!

P.S she looks alot like Ben! Gorgeous!

luv,Leslie

Bibi said...

There are no words to express how you are feeling. However, I am sure that your sweet baby girl is looking down from heaven and loves you, her daddy and her baby brother Ben. God bless you and your beautiful family!

Bibi

Mama Bear said...

All I can say is God Bless your family. She is truly a beautiful angel. Blessings, Rhonda

Chanan, Rachael and Hope said...

This brings back so many emotions that are felt so dearly. The times we shared talking about our babies and sharing our updates, all the joy of those times and getting to know a wonderful new friend who I looked forward to sharing many years of fun with, as our babies grow. And of course when you took our package to Hope in Guatemala on your visit trip to see sweet sweet Ariana...I was ever so grateful for your encouragement and direction that helped me put the package together. You just led and guided me all the way. That was so full of emotions for me and now sweet memories laced with sad ones. But I am ever so touched, for a life time, the light and strength that you showed to us during your times of sadness. Ariana will always be remembered and one day I will share our love and memory of her with Hope.

Robyn said...

You are in my prayers!!

March 2009